We shook our heads. Our kids wouldn't be like that, we said. We would be perfect parents, we thought.
Hardy har har.
So there were things that we know-it-alls did not know until we changed a couple of diapers on our own. Here are our top five, in no particular order:
1. Don't splurge on the most expensive mattress. It's mostly going to end up getting spat, pooed and peed upon
2. No amount of photos or videos are ever enough.
3. Naps are absolute necessary. For the kids. But also highly recommended for mums
4. Mud, paint, food... The mess is temporary but the memory is forever. Let them play. The dirt will all go off in the shower
5. It is possible to get high on baby smells